Would you like to change your Apple ID password? We show you how it works.
All of your Apple devices are linked to your Apple ID. You can also access the iCloud with this password. For security reasons, you should change the password regularly.
If you have completely forgotten your Apple ID password, we will help you here. Forgot your Apple ID? No problem! Here we are going to show you how to find out your Apple ID.
- Change Apple ID password – via the PC
- Change Apple ID password – via iPhone, iPod, or iPad
Change Apple ID password – via the PC
- Sign in to this Apple website with your Apple ID.
- Scroll down to the ” Security ” section and click on ” Change Password… “.
- Now you have to enter your old password, and you can set a new password.
- Confirm the change with ” Change password… “. You have now changed your password for your Apple ID and the password for your iCloud access.
Change Apple ID password – via iPhone, iPod, or iPad
You also have the option of changing your Apple ID password directly on the iPhone. Follow our step-by-step instructions or take a look at the quick start guide.
- Step 1: Go to the settings of your iPhone. Then tap your name at the top.
- 2nd step: Now tap on ” Password & Security. “
- 3rd step: Select the very first point, ” Change password “. Now your iPhone, iPad or iPod will automatically lead you through creating a new password. First you have to enter your old password or your device code. Then you can set a new password. Finally, confirm the whole thing by pressing ” Change password ” or ” Change. “
Quick guide: Change Apple ID password – via the iPhone
- Go to the settings of your iPhone, iPod, or iPad.
- At the top, tap your name.
- Select ” Password & Security. “
- Then tap on ” Change Password ” at the top.
- Now you have to enter your current password. Alternatively, you can also type in the device code. Define a new password and confirm the change with ” Change ” or ” Change password. ” There may be times when you need to sign in to the device with your Apple ID again. You will then have full access to your device again and also the iCloud on all connected devices.