If you are constantly updated about the latest happenings in technology there is no way you missed out on hearing the name “cloud run”. If this name seems familiar to you then you are at the right place as this article will be discussing the cloud run.
The Cloud Run is a serverless computing platform of Google that allows you to run any application without worrying about the infrastructure required.
This serverless computing service by Google is built on top of the same infrastructure that powers Google App Engine. This means that it offers the same high level of security and reliability with industry-leading brands as the google cloud partner.
With Cloud Run, you can run any application in any language, anywhere. This means that you can now run your own Cloud Run applications with an App Engine flexible environment.
Cloud Run works with other Google Cloud Platform services including Cloud Functions, Cloud Pub/Sub, Cloud Dataflow, and Cloud Bigtable. Cloud Run offers flexible pricing, with free usage for up to 1 million requests per month.
How is Cloud Run Possible?
It enables you to run your functions directly from a container image in a Kubernetes cluster. It’s a great way to build and deploy applications that run serverless functions on Kubernetes, including ones that use Google Cloud Platform services like App Engine and BigQuery.
Cloud Run works with a variety of runtime environments, including Golang, Node.js, and Java. You can also use it with new open-source runtimes and it allows developers to focus on their code and not on managing servers.
Advantages of the Cloud Run
- The cloud is the future for many companies, who want to remain competitive, not only in terms of customer service but also in terms of reducing the cost of their infrastructure. And the cloud is the perfect solution for this because it allows companies to move their programs, apps, and systems to the cloud, where they can be managed effortlessly.
- This can be done either by using Google’s Cloud Functions or by using the Google Cloud Run, which is a serverless computing platform of Google that allows you to run any application without worrying about the infrastructure required.
- It is an application-centric compute service that lets you run your application code and scale it instantly without managing servers. Cloud Run is AWS’s new FaaS (Function as a Service) offering, now available in the US East (N. Virginia), US West (Oregon), US West (N. California), EU (Ireland), and APN (Asia Pacific) regions.
- Since it is a serverless service, which means that you are not required to manage servers or clusters. It automatically scales to the workload, and it can be used as a function-as-a-service (FaaS) solution.
- The concept of serverless is similar to the concept of Software as a Service (SaaS). You do not need to deal with servers or clusters while writing and deploying code on the cloud. All you need to focus on is writing your code, which can be done in any development environment, e.g. a laptop.
- You can use Cloud Run to run your code on Google’s globally distributed edge points of presence, which are close to users and accelerate requests.
- Cloud Run is a general-purpose serverless computer service, which means you can use Cloud Run anywhere you might use a function-as-a-service offering.