When you’re ready to quit Facebook, be sure to collect the wanted data before closing the door. Given the large amount of data that Facebook and associated entities have about their users, it is not surprising that many want to abandon it. But, if you have been in this social network for more than 5 minutes, chances are that your account has accumulated friends, files and memories that you want to keep.
How To Deactivate Your Facebook Account
Let’s make one thing clear: Facebook doesn’t want you to go. Your account will not expire if you ignore it, but if you need help to stay away, you can deactivate it without deleting it. Facebook occasionally changes the structure of its settings, but currently, you can deactivate the account from Settings> Your Facebook information. Select Delete your account and information and then Deactivate account. Follow the instructions to confirm the deactivation.
When you turn it off, it is as if you turn off the lights, people will not see your name or your photos, most of them, and you will not be able to use it either. But you can turn the lights back on by simply logging in; the settings, your friends, messages and everything else will be right where you left them.
Do you still want to permanently delete your Facebook account? We don’t blame you. But if you are not cautious and meticulous, Facebook will behave like a disgruntled ex-partner and will not return your things. Take them with you when you leave, you just have to download all your photos, messages and other memories that matter to you.
How To Delete Your Facebook Account From The Web Interface
- Open Settings → Your Facebook information.
- Choose the second option: Download your information.
- Select a date range ( All my data appears by default ), the HTML format for universal access and the Quality of multimedia content. If you have used Facebook to store your photos, you may prefer to choose High quality instead of the Average that appears by default.
- Check the boxes according to the type of data you want to download. All posts and files that you have uploaded or the applications and websites that you have accessed with your Facebook credentials, Other activity such as tapping or commercial activity. Everything is very well defined, so you will not download something that is unnecessary or that you do not understand.
- Click Create File. It will take some time, Facebook will notify you by email when the file is ready for download.
Ready! You already have a backup of Facebook, now you can delete your account. Go back to the Delete Account page permanently and select Delete Account.
How To Delete Your Facebook Account From A Mobile Interface
- If you use Facebook on iOS or Android, you will have to do more than just delete the application. Obviously, when you delete it, a warning appears that data will be deleted from the application, but it will not be your personal data.
As we have previously discussed, the applications and settings tend to change, but not dramatically. In the current versions of the iOS and Android applications you must follow the following steps:
Tap the Settings icon (three horizontal bars) in the lower right corner (on iOS) or in the upper right corner (on Android)
- Select Settings and privacy
- Go into Settings
- Go to Download your information and follow the instructions to download as much as possible from your Facebook account
- Returns to the main settings page
- Tap Privacy shortcuts
- Search for your Facebook information and press Delete your account and your information
- Select Delete account and press Go to account deletion
- Finally, click on Delete account
Delete the Android or iOS application as you usually do. In Android, normally from the application manager in settings and in iOS, hold the icon until an X appears in the upper left corner, press X and confirm that you want to delete the application and its associated data.