Have you ever thought about using your mobile as a webcam? Maybe it’s a Yes. If so thinking about using your phone as a webcam was crazy. But, today it is possible to do it and also very simple thanks to the multitude of Apps that have been developed for this purpose, referring to both Android and iOS devices.
If you have an old device and want to give it a second life, using it as a webcam can be a very useful outlet. Your computer may not have a camera or it is damaged, you may want to install a surveillance camera in your home, but we all know that these are very expensive or you simply need a webcam for any other reason. Whatever your situation, in this post we are going to teach you how to use your phone as a webcam, without the need for root (Android) or jailbreak (iOS).
Apps To Use The Mobile As A Webcam On iOS
Transform your iPhone into a webcam with EpocCam. EpocCam is a compatible app for iPhone and iPad with which you can use these devices like a webcam. Thanks to it you can record videos in high definition and save them in the Mac or Windows operating system. To start using this application and turn your phone into a webcam, follow the steps below :
- First of all, download EpocCam on your iPhone or iPad and also install the EpocCam driver on your computer.
- Once you have both installed, connect the iPhone to the computer through the WiFi connection. You must make sure that both devices are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Now, open the desktop recording software on the computer and enter: « Tools »> « Options »> « Webcam button »> « EpocCam «.
- You can now start using your iPhone or iPad as a webcam.
Download Apowersoft Recorder For iPhone/iPad
Apowersoft Recorder for iPhone and iPad is an extension for the computer that will allow you to reflect on it the images you record through your iOS devices. Its operation is as simple as placing your iPhone or iPad so that its camera frames the area you want to record and view the recording through the computer. In addition, this application does not occupy any space on the mobile. As we have said, the extension of this recorder is installed on the computer and the videos that are recorded will be saved on the computer and not on the phone. These are the steps to follow to use this application to transform your iOS device into a webcam :
- Make sure to connect both the iPhone or iPad and the computer to the same WiFi network.
- Now, install the Apowersoft Recorder for iPhone / iPad extension on your computer.
- Go to the menu on the mobile and select the option « Reflect AirPlay » and then click on the TV icon that bears the name of your computer to connect the equipment.
- Open the ” Camera ” App when both devices are connected you will see that the screen of your iPhone or iPad is reflected on the computer.
- Click on ” Start recording “.
- When you want to end the recording, simply click on “Stop recording” and it will be automatically saved on your computer.
Download WebCamera For iPhone
To finish, WebCamera is, in our opinion, the most useful tool to turn your iPhone into a webcam. To use it you will have to download the version of WebCamera for iPhone and also the web version of WebCamera. First of all, we must tell you that both applications are paid (the mobile version costs $ 4.99 and the web version $ 5.49). Having free tools and applications you may not be encouraged to buy this application but we assure you that you will not regret doing it. This is undoubtedly the best way to use the iPhone as a webcam without problems and to record with great quality.
To use this application, you just have to download both versions (mobile and web), open the App on the iPhone and connect it to the computer via WiFi connection. Once connected you can start using it as a webcam. Furthermore, this application is compatible with other platforms such as Skype, Hangouts and Windows Live Messenger, among others.
Apps To Use The Mobile As A Webcam On Android
The first application to use the mobile as a webcam on Android is DroidCamX Webcam. With it, we can use the mobile phone as if it were a webcam connecting the phone to the computer via WiFi or via a USB cable (if what you care about is speed, the second option is the ideal one for you).
To start using this tool and be able to record with our device, the first thing we have to do is download the DroidCamX App on your Android mobile and the DroidCam extension for your computer. After downloading them, you must follow these steps :
- Proceed, both mobile and PC, to the automatic installation of the App and the program respectively. To do this, simply follow the instructions that the App will give you.
- Open DroidCamX on your mobile to see a WiFi IP and its default port.
- Then open DroidCam on your computer and choose the connection you want to use: WiFi or USB cable.
- If you select the WiFi option, you must enter the IP previously searched for on the mobile.
- If you prefer to do it via USB, all you have to do is connect the phone to the computer.
- Next, you will have to choose if you want to use the mobile as a complete webcam or if you prefer that it only record video or audio.
- We can already begin to see the images captured by the mobile phone on the computer.
Download The Version Of EpocCam For Android
We already talked about EpocCam above to transform the iPhone into a webcam. Well, this application is also available for Android and its use is quite simple and intuitive.
As always, the first thing will be to install the EpocCam app on the Android mobile that you are going to use as a camera as well as the web extension on the computer:
- Now you must connect both devices to the same WiFi network.
- Open EpocCam on the computer. You will see that the image of a computer and mobile will appear on the screen. At the moment, only the application is active on the computer.
- Open the App on the Android device and you will see how the mobile image of the computer screen is activated as well.
- To finish, open the mobile camera and you can start using it as a webcam. That easy!