we expose the OnePlus Nord data 5G sheet in which we include features, specifications, photos, video and price. This mid-range smartphone is characterized by its 6.44-inch screen with FluidAMOLED panel, its 48 MP + 8 MP + 5 MP +2 MP rear camera. It also comes equipped with a Snapdragon 765G that will provide 5G connectivity.
Specifications Of Oneplus Nord
- FLUID AMOLED type
- Size – 6.44 inches
- Resolution – 2400 x 1080
- Colors – 24 bits (16,777,216 colors)
- Touch – Capacitive multi-touch
- Density – 408 ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Aspect ratio – 20: 9
- Bar Format
Rear Camera (Main)
- Photo mode resolution – 48 MP
- 4K video mode resolution (3840 × 2160)
- Maximum Recording FPS – 240
- Opening – f . 1.75
- Artificial Intelligence – Yes
- Optical stabilizer type
- Sensor name – Sony IMX586
Rear Camera (Second)
- Wide Angle camera type
- Resolution – 8 MP (3280 x 2464)
- Opening – f . 2.2
Rear Camera (Third)
- Photo mode resolution – 5 MP (2592 x 1944)
- Video mode resolution
- Opening – f . 2.4
Rear Camera (Fourth)
- Photo mode resolution – 2 MP (1600 x 1200)
- Video mode resolution
- Opening – f . 2.4
Front Camera (Main)
- Photo mode resolution – 32 MP
- 4K video mode resolution (3840 x 2160)
- Maximum recording FPS – 60
- Opening – f . 2.4
Front Camera (Second)
- 8MP photo mode resolution (3280 x 2464)
- Opening – f . 2.4
- Double LED Flash
- Image stabilization – Yes
- Video recording formats – MP4 (MPEG4 Part-14)
- Video Playback Formats – AVI, H.265, MKV (Matroska), MP4 (MPEG4 Part-14), WMV
- Pixel size – 0.8 microns
- Extras – PDAF / HDR / EIS / AI functions / Wide angle camera with 119º field of view / Night mode / Super Macro / Front camera with Sony IMX 616 sensor / On-screen flash /
System / Autonomy
- Android OS 10
- OxygenOS manufacturer interface
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Compass, On-screen fingerprint reader, Ambient light, Proximity,
- Core – Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G 5G (8 cores 475 Kryo CPU 2.4 GHz) 7 Nm
- Frequency – 2400 MHz
- Adreno 620 graphics core
- Geopositioning – GPS, A-GPS, Glonass, Beidou, Galileo, Dual GPS
- Lithium Battery 4115mAh
- Warp Charge 30 Quick Charge
Connectivity / Storage
- USB – Type-C 2.0
- Bluetooth – 5.1 + aptX HD with A2DP
- WiFi – 802.11a (5GHz), 802.11ac (5GHz), 802.11b (2.4GHz), 802.11g (2.4GHz), 802.11n (2.4GHz), MIMO2x2
- Other – NFC connectivity
- Internal storage – 128GB, 256GB
- RAM – 8 GB, 12 GB
Multimedia / Internet
- Email – IMAP, POP3, SMTP
- Android voice recognition
- Music Playback Formats – AAC, AAC +, AMR / AMR-NB, AMR-WB, APE, FLAC, M4A, MP3, OGG (Vorbis), WAV, WMA
- Selling – Google Play Store applications
- Sale of music, tones and videos – Google Play Store
- Google Play book sale
- Access to Social Networks – Installing apps
- Extras -available in Blue Marble and Gray Onyx color / display with 90 Hz refresh rate / face unlock / navigation gestures / night mode / reading mode
- Google Pay payment system
- 2G – GSM 850, GSM 900, GSM 1800, GSM 1900
- 3G – 850, 900, 1700, 1900, 2100,
- 4G – LTE 700, LTE 800, LTE 850, LTE 900, LTE 1700, LTE 1800, LTE 1900, LTE 2100, LTE 2300, LTE 2500, LTE 2600
- 5G – n78 3500 MHz
- Radio data – GPRS, EDGE, HSPA, HSPA +, LTE, LTE Advanced
- Max. download (HSPA +) – 42Mbps
- Max. upload (HSPA +) – 5.8Mbps
- SIM – Dual nano SIM slot
More About Oneplus Nord
The new OnePlus Nord is the first phone in a new family of manufacturers that, as many will imagine, is called “Nord”. Translated into Spanish as “North” the intention of the brand is to represent with this name the path to growth and success. Is this reflected in the brand’s new mid-range smartphone?
The intention of the firm is to cement its new family in three basic aspects: A good camera that is based on a trusted brand that has worked to offer the best user experience on their phones. After years of price increases, this will be the first phone from the brand that will not attempt to compete with the highest-end phones on the market, but with those of the premium-mid-range.
Among the most notable differences between this model and the OnePlus 8 launched at the beginning of the year, we stumbled upon a higher quality dual front camera, new camera filters inspired by the Nordic countries and, above all, a much lower price.
These are all the features of the OnePlus Nord .
Display – Processor – Memory – Camera – Battery – Price – Photos
Display And Design
The smartphone inherits much of the screen characteristics of its older brothers, such as a 6.44-inch perforated panel with a FullHD + resolution of 2400 x 1080 px that ends up resulting in a density of 408 dpi. Its double hole for the front camera ends up generating a 20: 9 aspect ratio that is completed with a 90Hz refresh rate that favours a smooth movement around the screen following the legacy that the brand has emphasized since the launch of the OnePlus 7 Pro last year.
To this, we must add that the Nord’s screen has 2,048 levels of automatic brightness. This favours smoother gloss transitions and greater eye comfort, either when browsing social media or reading a usage guide. In addition, the mobile can filter blue light to completely eliminate colours.
As for the design, we lose the IP68 protection but the mobile is still protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. In addition, the fingerprint reader is located on the Fluid AMOLED screen.
Processor Within Expectations
Inside the phone, we find a mid-range processor, but it has virtues such as turning the OnePlus Nord into a cheap 5G mobile. The phone uses a Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G that offers 5G NSA and SA connectivity. It is a chipset made in 7nm that is capable of executing its work at 2.4 GHz and that is accompanied by an Adreno 620 GPU well above the average, at the level of graphic processing, of other processors of the same range.
This processor, according to Qualcomm, offers 10% more CPU performance, 40% GPU and 100% AI functions, compared to the previous generation of brand chipsets.
The phone goes on sale with 8 or 12 GB of LPDDR4 RAM and 128 or 256 GB of internal UFS 2.1 storage.
The OnePlus Nord mimics the camera setup of other mid-range mobiles and sports 4 sensors at the rear, spearheaded by a primary 48MP lens, accompanied by an 8MP ultra-wide-angle with f / 2.25 and a 119º field of view, a 2 MP macro camera with f / 2.4 and a 5 MP depth sensor with f / 2.4 .. To this we have to add two sensors on the front, something that we have never seen before on a brand smartphone.
The OnePlus Nord boasts the same 48MP Sony IMX586 sensor that we found in the OnePlus 8, with a large f / 1.75 aperture to capture a generous amount of light and improve night photography, something in which its image stabilization system stands out. Optical (OIS) and its AI that is dedicated to removing unwanted noise and sharpening detail in difficult shooting scenarios.
This night mode has been enhanced to just press the shutter button, capture up to nine different photos at different exposures and interlace them in seconds to generate clearer, brighter and more detailed photos in low light.
In front, we have a 32 MP main sensor, which is supported by an 8 MP ultra-wide-angle that offers a 105º field of view so that more than one person can always fit in the same photo.
The smartphone captures video clips at 4K and 30 fps although if the resolution is reduced to 1080p we can collect clips in Super Slow Motion at 240 fps. The double front sensor also allows us to record videos at 4K and at a speed of 30 or 60 fps.
Battery That Sounds Familiar To Us
The OnePlus smartphone is once again betting on good battery specifications. That is why it mounts a 4115 mAh cell with Warp Charge 30T or, what is the same, with a 30W fast charge that allows reaching 0 to 70% of energy in 30º.
At the moment there are no data on their autonomy.
The Snapdragon 765G has a dual-channel 5G modem (SA and NSA) that allows us to work in the n1 2100 MHz, n3 1800 MHz, n28 700 MHz, n38 2600 MHz, n40 2300 MHz, n41 2500 MHz bands. It also operates in LTE Cat.18 networks with 1.2 Gbps download and LTE Car.13 upstream (150 Mbps). To this we add dual-band Wi-Fi connectivity 802.11a (5GHz), 802.11ac (5GHz), 802.11b (2.4GHz), 802.11g (2.4GHz), 802.11n (2.4GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, NFC and GPS.
On a physical level we are left with the USB type C port for battery charging and data transfer at the same time that we can connect the headphones, as there is no minijack port. The fingerprint sensor is located on the phone screen.
The Best And The Worst
OnePlus Nord Strengths
- 5G at a good price: Compared to other models that reach 1,000 euros, the mobile offers great features at a good price, which is below 500 euros in either version.
- Fast charge: One of the best features of OnePlus phones is its batteries. In this case, despite the price reduction, the mobile maintains the fast charge of its older brothers.
- Good display: The same goes for the display, FluidAMOLED technology with 90HZ refresh rate is still one of the great weapons of this model.
- OxygenOS: The latest version of Oxygen OS, probably the best valued by Android users, makes an appearance in the OnePlus Nord, of course based on Android 10. In addition, the phone has 2 years of software updates and 3 years of security updates.
The Worst Of The OnePlus Nord
- Excessively similar to the OnePlus 8: C with some slight change in the processor and the price, there are not too many notable differences between this model and the one launched by the brand less than half a year ago.
- More expensive than other options: Currently the competition is betting on launching 5G smartphones to the market that drop below 350 euros. The OnePlus Nord is slightly above this figure.
- No minijack: OnePlus has relegated the headphone port to oblivion so it will not be easy for you to charge your mobile and listen to your music at the same time.
The OnePlus Nord goes on sale with 8GB + 128GB or 12GB + 128GB in Blue Marble and Gray Onyx colours.