Saving information without taking up space on your computer’s hard drive is possible thanks to cloud storage. A concept that is also known as cloud computing, cloud services, or cloud computing that allows access to documents through a network, which is generally the Internet.
Users can manage this type of service without having knowledge, at least at an expert level. The most important thing will be to have a quality server team to guarantee the correct operation of corporate applications such as email or the effective management of the environment.
Undoubtedly, we are dealing with a very useful delivery model to take advantage of any type of business because it offers efficiency, immediacy, and availability of information at any time and from any fixed or mobile device located anywhere.
- Improve technological resources.
- Costs are reduced.
- Access to documents almost in real-time, without the need for long-lasting uploads.
- It allows you to share resources regardless of device and location.
- Its use is automatically optimized.
- Security is equal to or better than other conventional systems.
- It does not require installation or maintenance since each user accesses from different places.
- It integrates easily and quickly with the rest of the business applications.
- Services are provided globally by providing increased capacity, backups, and minimizing downtime.
- It requires minimal investment and infrastructure since it is only necessary to have a cloud platform and there is no software to install.
- It updates automatically.
- The chosen application is usually available to work in hours or days.
- It favors the efficient use of energy.
- Internet access is required.
- There is a certain dependence on the providers of this type of service trusting in its technology and operation.
- Application interfaces are continually being modified.
- Possible server overload if the number of users is very high or a proper use policy is not followed.
Examples Of Cloud Storage
- Google Drive
- iCloud (Apple)
- OneDrive (Microsoft)